1. Individual psychotherapy
Psychotherapy is a form of healing. It can have a different aims. What is more, that aims can be changed aims during a therapy depending on needs of person. Some examples:
- Improvement of mood
- Removal of symptoms (fear, obsessive thoughts, compulsive behaviors, phobias, somatic symptoms)
- A change in attitude
- A change in personality
- Personal development
- Improvement of interpersonal relations.
Finding out psychological reasons of disorders, which is an aim of psychotherapy, is a long term process. Psychotherapy may last for one and maybe even a few years.
In our Psychological Counselling Centre we work according to psychodynamic psychotherapy methodology, which bases mostly on Psychoanalysis. In our work we are driven by psychodynamic psychotherapist axiology, created by Krakowskie Centrum Psychodynamiczne.
We invite to our psychotherapy:
- Adults: therapy of disorders related to fear, personal disorders and psychosis.
- Young and children: in order to learn child’s mental world we use games, special psychological tests and many more ways, including plastic materials.
- People who speak French or English – we invite foreigners from western culture. According to psychodynamic psychotherapist axiology, which says that psychodynamic psychotherapy is a type of ethnocentric healing, trying to heal a person from outside of our culture would be unethical.